Tuesday 13 January 2015

3D Architectural Model

I really like this architectural art that I found on Pinterest.




I would love to do something similar, but using our house as a model.   So here goes nothing...


I started with a picture of our house.   It looks like this:


I imported it into a drawing application, and added some hand-drawn lines.  I then started with the bottom right basement.   I designed each room in sketchup individually.   Each room has 3 layers of 1/8 in mdf.

Here is the basement, I started with.


  I then did the right hand side of the house.

I continue like this, adding lines to my drawing, and then modeling it in Sketchup.



Here is the landscaping around the house.


Once, I modeled everything, I converted each layer to a flat image, and ended up with a whole bunch of cut files that looked like:



Once I cut it all, it looked like the following:


So I now have the base of the artwork.  I now want to cut little people and put them all over.   Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment